Do you sometimes feel exhausted and listless after a hard week of training and your training performance stagnates or you even lose weight? Then it could be due to overtraining.
Regular training is an essential part of a healthy and active lifestyle. But: Just as there is such a thing as too little training, sometimes there is also a bit too much of a good thing. If you train too often and too hard without giving your body enough time to recover, sooner or later you will reach the so-called overtraining. This manifests itself in various symptoms.
You can recognize possible overtraining by these symptoms.
- Loss of appetite, fatigue
- increased susceptibility to infections
- Lack of concentration
- reduced fitness
- prolonged rest
- Gastrointestinal complaints
- increased risk of injury
- increased or pronounced decrease in resting heart rate
- increased energy metabolism
- Weight loss
- Sleep disorders
- worsened coordination -> technique -> risk of injury
- Fatigue fracture
So if such symptoms occur during or after a particularly training-intensive phase, better take a break for several days.